The contrarian are already making there moves into the market and may be the recent rebound was from their first wave of purchase? We need to see further fall before we are sure of it, but there exist already a small group which is doing what a contrarian does, and as the day goes by we shall see it increase.
For those are new to the term contrarian, it is an investment style that goes against prevailing market trends by buying assets that are performing poorly and then selling when they perform well. There are notable contrarians' in the world and some are listed below.
- Warren Buffett is a famous contrarian, who believes that best time to invest in a stock is when shortsightedness of the market has beaten down the price.
- Jim Rogers is an investor and author who is bullish on contrarian investing in Asian markets.
- Marc Faber is a contrarian investor who publishes the Gloom Boom & Doom Report.
- David Dreman is a money manager often associated with contrarian investing. He has authored several books on the topic and writes the "Contrarian" column in Forbes magazine.
- John Neff, who managed the Vanguard Windsor fund for many years, is also considered a contrarian, though he has described himself as a value investor (and questioned the distinction).
- Mark Ripple is a money manager often described as a contrarian. He has authored a book covering the topic in detail.
- Paul Tudor Jones is a contrarian investor who attempts to buy and sell turning points.